Greenspan Floortime Certification
There is a choice of two types of certification tracks: the Traditional or the Experienced.
Traditional Track (You must complete these two prerequisites to apply)
The Traditional Track is for individuals who have completed,
- Either a two-day lecture by the directors of The Floortime Center or The Greenspan Floortime Approach® Online Professional course
- and The Floortime Manual-online
We recommend the Traditional Track even for those with some experience in Floortime Therapy. An individual who has been to Floortime conferences, completed readings on Floortime, and applied the Floortime principles in work with children should still begin with Level 1.
Completing both Level 1 and Level 2 are necessary to maintain your certification. There is a number of ways to start the training process in Level 1. Please pick the one that best fits your availability. To apply please fill out our application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Application
Level 1 Options
Level 2 Video Submissions
Train at The Floortime Center
1-2 days of hands-on training/observation at The Floortime Center in Bethesda MD
6 Greenspan Floortime Video Submissions (of 4 different children)
(Each video must be 10 minutes of a trainee doing Greenspan Floortime with a child) Click here for video requirements
Video Submissions (of 4 different children)
6 Greenspan Floortime video submissions with feedback and discussion Click here for video requirements
3 videos will receive audio feedback from a lead Greenspan Floortime therapist in your field
On Site Training
Attend a 1-2 day Hands-on training hosted by an organization other than the Floortime Center. Jake or Tim of the Floortime Center must provide this training. There is an additional $300 per person fee for this option.
3 videos will be reviewed and either given feedback via audio clip, or discussed during a conference call with a lead Greenspan Floortime therapist in you field, or if necessary with Jake Greenspan or Tim Bleecker.
|Each Option costs $600 per person. On-Site training has an additional fee.||$600 per person|
Contact The Floortime Center directors if you are interested in this track.
The Experienced Track is for individuals who have had extensive supervision in the Floortime model. Individuals on the Experienced Track can bypass most of Level 2 certification training.
To qualify for the Experienced Track, an individual must submit videos of two different cases that will be graded by an evaluator who is trained in The Greenspan Floortime Approach®. (To prevent a conflict of interest, the evaluators will not be the directors.) After reviewing the videos it will be determined if the individual is ready for the Experienced Track and then how many hours of training are needed to graduate Level 2. Depending on the quality of the videos an individual may be required to do between 2 to 6 hours of additional training.
The training for the Experienced Track is done in groups of 3 to 4 participants. If you are not applying with a group, you may have to wait until there are enough individuals to create a small group. There is a non-refundable charge of $75 to apply for the Experienced Track.
Level 1 Certification
Graduation from Level 1 gives the trainee a provisional license for one year that allows them to provide Greenspan Floortime® Services. It permits trainees to use The Greenspan Floortime Approach® as a provisional description referring to services they provide to children, including use of the trademark as a descriptor of the services and as a credential they have earned from completing the Level 1 training. This is only a provisional license, and Level 1 graduates must begin Level 2 training within one year of receiving the provisional license to maintain it.
Level 2 Certification.
Graduation from Level 2 permits the trainee to be a non-provisional practitioner of The Greenspan Floortime Approach®. **This does not permit trainees to coach parents or professionals with a child.
Level 3 Certification
Level 3 training is similar to requirements for level 2 training, including Interactive training and video/conference calls.
Graduation from Level 3 permits trainees to coach parents and professionals in The Greenspan Floortime Approach® during their sessions with families.
Level 4 Certification
Level 4 training is similar to requirements for level 3 training, including Iinteractive training and video/conference calls.
Graduation from Level 4 permits trainees to give educational lectures on The Greenspan Floortime Approach®.
Requirements for Applying For Certification
- Be 18 years or over.
- Be proficient in English (Reading, Listening, and Speaking).
- Have worked in child development for at least two years. Acceptable experience includes working at a school, clinic, or hospital with children with developmental challenges. (Self-employed individuals can only apply if they are a licensed professional).
- Have attended the two-day introductory training course given by Jake Greenspan and Tim Bleecker within the last two years, or taken the Professional Course at www.stanleygreenspan.com
- Used The Floortime Manual -Online
- Have a detailed knowledge of the 6 basic and 3 advanced milestones.
- Submit an application, resume and essay to be considered for this training. A follow-up phone interview with one of the directors may be part of the process.
- Level 1 – $600 (provisional license) There is an additional $300 per person if training is done at your location
- Level 2 – $600
- Level 3 – $1,500 ($900 for Interactive training, $600 on-going conference calls)
- Level 4 – $1,500 ($900 for Interactive training, $600 on-going conference calls)
All participants will be asked to sign a contract before participating in the intensive training.
Please note that the system will automatically log you out after 120 minutes of inactivity.